Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Monday ... A Weekend Recap!


Hey, Happy 7th of July!


What's that mean? That means the 4th of July weekend is over. Time to put away your stars and stripes diaper t-shirt and other patriotic gizmos until next year ...




I hope everyone had a great weekend. If facebook was any indication of what my friends and family were up to, it was eating, drinking, more drinking and as my friend Karin posted, blowing shit up!




What did I do? Well, first off on Friday I put on my "Team Jeb" tie dyed shirt and walked with my friend in our local parade. What's "Team Jeb?" It's friends that walk in the Relay for Life to raise money for Cancer research. Who's Jeb? He was this larger than life friend that lost his battle with cancer and I had the honor of walking with his wife and my friend, Joan. We really miss him!




The parade was full of local families and businesses showing off their 4th of July spirit. I had a favorite. Check out this awesome Dad and his kids. Happy Birthday, America! Land of the Superheroes ... F' Yeah!




The rest of the day I spent by myself doing this and that. Tim was at work, Jessi had plans and so I hung with the "Golden Girls." Once it started to get dark, we retreated to our basement and waited out the Ka Booms! Our City has a huge firework display and it's about six blocks from our house, so it. is. loud. !!!




Saturday was great. I went solo to my Sister In-Law's Sister's 70th it's only a number surprise birthday party and was able to catch up with everyone and all my favorite nieces and nephews. Tim was at work, again! Oh bother. Soon we can attend everything together as he will have his pesky J.O.B. out of the way.

Sunday we took off for Beach Bum Headquarters, (BBHQ) and we'll be here a few days. The girls snuggled on the way here ... Love these two!




Have a great week, everyone!



Image Map

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw cute! have fun hanging on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the pups did ok with the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh! I love the t-shirts! What a great walk!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute is the dad with his kids?! thats awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those sister snuggles :):)

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?