Monday, June 30, 2014

Goodbye, June ...

Wow, how did this become the last day of June?

It seems like this month flew by faster than any I can recently remember. It had it's ups and downs, but most importantly, it's ending way up!


Let's start with that. I spent yesterday going to a Race Walk Class and then to the Farmer's Market, sampling salted caramel chocolate, buying berries and hazelnuts and topping it off with coffee and a four hour conversation outside a cafe with my favorite girl, Jessi!


This month I also ate my way to a total of 47 lbs. lost since April 2013 and I feel like a million bucks. Not because I've lost weight, but because I have created a new life for myself by nourishing and resting my body while staying active and lifting weights. I feel so strong and healthy. This month I had my first "Gun Show."





So how is it that I don't feel a day over 30 and our son had his 30th birthday this month? Matt turned 30 and it's not working for me hard to believe! I'm grateful that we spent a week with him in Belize. Thanks, Lizzie! We really missed him on his birthday so Tim and I set out to celebrate him at his favorite restaurant. The parents go to Fire on the Mountain and we had a blast.






I can't let the 30th of June go by without mentioning that Tim has 3 months left until he retires! Tim has 3 months left until he retires !!! That's 44 actual work days with strategically planned vacations to make it easier while waiting for the magic day, September 30th! Retirement, here we come!






I can't leave out Belize. A wonderful week in paradise with our entire family and beautiful Lizzie. It was a trip of a lifetime and we made memories that will forever be with us. Goodbye, June ... Belize was great and so were you!


Almost Retired!


Image Map

7 comments:

  1. 47 pounds! Go you Angie!!! Love it and you look great and not at all like the mum to a 30 yr old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing body change! I'm always amazed at the dedication and patience that people have. Happy birthday to your boy! I turn 30 the day after your husband retires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3<3 A quick month but full of love - so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the gun show!!! go you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats on the new bangin body!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so you officially look better than i do! damn mama!

    also, when my dad retired he was the happiest man alive, so congrats to tim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 47 lbs! you go girl! and you're only as young as you feel :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?