Monday, April 28, 2014

Daring Greatly

Hi! 

I’m a newbie to blogging, but no stranger to writing stories in my head. I have a book or few in me, but I never get past doodling on a page. This is my first attempt at writing publicly and I'm a lot little nervous and for me, this is Daring Greatly.

I’m a young woman who never stops dreaming. In seven decades, I’ve survived Childhood, Motherhood and Menopause. I spent all of 2013 reaching back for the woman I was pre-kiddo's and brought her up to speed. As a result, I got healthy and almost have my 30 year old body back with a 54 year old mind to appreciate it. Yes, In November I’ll be a Speed Limit, 55! 

I’ve been married to Tim for 30 years and he’s my best friend and the love of my life. He’s tall, handsome and funny. “Shit Dad Says!” We have 2 adult children, Matt who’s 29 and Jessi who’s 26. Being a Mom is my proudest accomplishment and they make it easy. Our 2 canine children are the “Golden Girls,” Bailey and Bella.


Things that make me happy are my retirement for the past 6 years, being Mrs. Tall, Handsome and Funny, a Mom, a great cup of Coffee, Friends and Palm Trees.

 I love having conversations over a cup of jo and that’s how I plan to format my Blog. I hope you’ll get comfortable and we can enjoy the aroma of a nice brew ...



I’m a person who reads a magazine from back to front, to multi task is second nature and I have A. Lot. To. Say. 

I want to share “what I wished I knew then that I know now.”  I learn every day.  I see this as being a never ending supply of random, interesting, thought provoking, ah-ha and wtf topics.

You, in!?!  High Five!


I love people, well most of them, life, adventure and quiet. I never ask people what they do, because what you do is not who you are. I look for people who are kind and try to be mindful of my own kindness. I don’t think anyone should go hungry and I really wish I could be a “Guy” for just one day. 

A big "Shout Out" to my Jessi for her encouragement and helping me get started.  I’m excited to be here and I think this is going to be fun!

19 comments:

  1. hi angie, jessi sent me over here and since i love her, i figured i'd probably love you since you raised her right. congrats on your first blog entry! enjoy this as your creative outlet; write about what YOU want to write about. i think it's so cool that this is your blog; my mom thinks i'm the internet!

    now i'm afraid to tell you my URL to my blog since all i do is write about nonsense and swear a lot! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! welcome! you sound like a pretty awesome mom, as Jessi seems pretty awesome ;) so far, you are rocking the blog thing! I love your note about not asking people what they do. I love that, totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the internet, mama bear! Look at that, you've already got some gifs under your belt and you're ready to take this blog by storm! I look forward to the "ah-ha's" and the "wtf" topics! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie! So glad you stepped on the blog train. Can't wait to keep up :) also, glad we both read magazines back to front !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world! Your blog looks great and I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!! You will love the blogging community and I'm sure it will love you back!! (cheesy enough??) haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to this crazy blog world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sent over from Jessi's blog! So excited for your blog! Welcome to this crazy blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome first post and welcome to the blog world! For Jessi to not be embarrassed about her mom starting a blog had to mean it would be good...and you did not disappoint! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the blog world, Angie! I love your first post and learning more about you. Those two golden girls are sure cute! ... and your kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to online blogging, Angie! catwomanpeg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the blog world. Also huge congrats on getting your body back. I'm work on doing that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome, Angie!!!! :) Jessi pointed me your way... love that girl - you done good with her! :) Looking forward to reading your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummmmm I am loving this first post! You have such a great voice I feel like I am listening to you as you read your story aloud to me :-) Tell me though did you know what a gif was before you started blogging?? ;) Congratulations I think you officially had the most amount of comments ever for any new bloggers first post! I think I had like two and one was from my mom and the other from my sister. Can't wait to read along! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this: "I never ask people what they do, because what you do is not who you are." Keep it coming, Angie! I can see a lot of people enjoying your blog over coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this first post! Seeing as Jessi totally rocks I think I can safely assume she got her awesomeness from you :) I can't wait to read more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?