Tuesday, April 29, 2014

F' Yeah!


 It's my 2nd Blog and I'm already experiencing brain activity "blog brain." Ideas racing into my head, here, there and everywhere. So to "keep it simple" and not approach this in any organized way, I've decided to tell you a little more about Me.


At 54, I'm just starting my life. There is so much to do and learn. I can see myself tackling new challenges, finding new interests and if I'm to "sail into the sunset," I hope there's an umbrella in my drink.

This past year I've been on a journey. I threw out all my failures old patterns and adopted a new lifestyle. I started by walking 25 miles a week. How did I do that? Simple, I bought rain gear as it was still winter in Oregon and I laced up my shoes and literally put one foot in front of the other.


After 300 miles, I joined a Gym. No ordinary gym. No cardio machines, No hot tub and No meat market social aspect ... Just me and my awesome trainer, Deb. It's Conditioning, Weight Lifting, Squats, Planks, Lunges,Tire Flipping and ... well, you get it.


At the same time I cleaned up my eating and as a result, I lost 45 lbs in 9 months. I'm now at one year and after the last 3 months of continued weightlifting, eating paleo and "staying the course," I've gained 6 lbs., while dropping 2 pant sizes, trading in my fat for muscle and becoming Strong a Bad Ass!

This didn't come easy. I had to recondition my mind to focus on being strong and healthy and fire that nasty little fella in my head that continually tried to sabotage me. I learned to be honest with myself. Something I've never had the courage to do. I'm now kind to myself and that in itself is a miracle.

Things that make me happy are waking up knowing I'm healthy, strong, confident, energetic and that even though I have a Long Way To Go ... I'm on track. My journey has just begun, one year in and a lifetime to go ... There's no expiration date stamped on this girl, so I better just go for it!

I'll leave you today with what I say at the Gym every time I make myself proud, a Big "F Yeah" !!!






Image Map

7 comments:

  1. You were always a bad-ass - just took some tire-flipping for you to see it in yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie you are so inspirational! It's amazing to see how you are making positive choices for YOU! I got to a trainer too and I love it so much more than all those years I spent at a regular gym. There is something so empowering about being pushed out of your comfort zone and doing things you never thought you could! Trainers have a way of getting you to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're such an inspiration! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that you flip tires and do sweaty, bad ass things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome that you have decided to live a healthy lifestyle! I wish I could flip tires, I need to get my butt to the gym!!

    P.S. If you ever want to send me a paleo Easter basket I totally wouldn't say no ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you for setting a goal and sticking with it! That can be HARD! I don't work out but I changed the way I ate a couple years ago and dropped 25 pounds... been able to keep it off, too. It's insane when you look back and realize the GARBAGE you used to eat CONSTANTLY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Jessi was cool. But nope you're way cooler.

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?