Monday, May 19, 2014

Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying ...

Hey, It's Monday and I have a lot to share!


Let's kick off this week with my favorite movie quote ... That's right. It doesn't matter how old or young we are. We have to "get busy Living or get busy Dying."




What is Living?
Is it merely survival and making our way through life or is it the leaps of faith and risks we take to have more? I don't mean more stuff. Anyone can have stuff. It's the more that starts you on this journey called life that you can write your own happy ending. It starts with dreaming. Dream small, Dream big, but most importantly ...  Dream!

  
What is Dying? 
Is it that space where our soul leaves our body and we find our eternal peace or is it perpetual dying where we feel flat, uninspired, helpless and doubtful of our future? I've been there and I know it's not easy to emerge from. There's that place I find within myself, she's youthful and she knows she has to
... Believe!




For me, getting busy living is how I'm taking up my space on this earth. Am I kind? Am I productive? Am I creative and inspired? Am I vulnerable? Am I happy? Because when I'm all of those, I help others live, too. It's uplifting to my own spirit to lift up another human being. Bar none.

So if we're talking about living and dying. Consider this. What if our own non religious personal heaven or hell is right now? We all have those images of the passing through the pearly gates or the clutches of the grim reaper pulling souls into hell. What if this is your heaven or hell on earth?  Are we in a dress rehearsal for what's to come or are we on that stage now and isn't now all that matters?

Shawshank Redemption doesn't only have my favorite quote, it also has this powerful message. When Red was asked by the Parole Board why he should be released, he resolved to his own truth. He told that guy he didn't give a shit if they thought he was reformed. What was important is that he'd talk to that kid. He'd teach him by sharing his wisdom. He'd stop the noise in that young mans head and tell him it's going to be alright. It's going to be alright ...



So talk to yourself. No matter our age, we've all lived a lot of life. It's a very powerful thing to realize what we already know can help shape our own future. We may not know what we want, but we can certainly start with what we don't want. And share. We all have experiences that we can help someone with. Look for opportunities to ease another person's burden with your story. Be relevant in people's lives.

I leave you this Monday with one challenge thought. Find a moment to concentrate on one thing, breathing. Close your eyes and take some deep breaths today. Feel the air travel from your lungs into your brain. Fuel that "think-er" and energize it with breath, not thoughts.  Then Dream ...


~ First Blog via my new MacBook ~
Image Map

7 comments:

  1. yay for first post using your mac ;)
    great post, tons of things to think about. and who doesnt love shawshank??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite movies - so many inspirational messages and a reminder that we can all live out the rest of our lives on a beach, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "What we already know can help change our future". Love this all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for using your new mac. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Angie thus post was beautiful!! I didnt read blogs much this week so I missed it but I sure could have used it this week! And YAY for the new Macbook using!!! I knew you would use it :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?