Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hump Day Confessions ... Oh MacBook!

It's Hump Day!


So for my confessions this week, I thought I should tell you that I'm perfect having a hard time coming up with things to confess so I thought I'd take you through my week with my MacBook.

First let me tell you how I felt about my old laptop. Other than the screen freezing and anything I typed delaying for days seconds I fantasized about doing this ...




So then I got a MacBook for Mother's Day and I was so excited to switch over to it that I could hardly wait and then I discovered that I was inept as a Mac user and have spent more time watching tutorials (on my iPad) and trying to find things than actually using it ... Confession: I'm not using it now #mommacbookfail




If that's not bad enough and that I'm trying to figure it out myself. Not only do my Kids have their MacBooks mastered, I have to deal with this ...




So I've figured out that I am going to need to swallow my pride do the prudent thing and call the Apple Store and make an appointment to go to the Genius Bar so I can feel dumb smart  ...




I've heard they're difficult appointments to get ...




I suppose another Store Bar works ...





Apple-Tini, anyone !?!


Linking up with Kathy


Image Map

14 comments:

  1. Lmao! Don't even get me started on my laptop. Okay, too late, here goes: mine is a Dell. Currently, it still works. BUT. The battery pack needs to be replaced so I can't unplug it for more than 5 minutes without it shutting off, the DVD drive doesn't work, the screen is broken so it's hooked up to a separate monitor, and some of the keys are missing. I've been dying to get a new laptop too and have been thinking about getting into the whole Mac thing even though I'm a Windows kinda girl. My logic (which I'll probably be changing soon, thanks to your post) is: I have an iPhone so how hard could it be, right?

    ♥ Duckie.
    www.frikkenduckie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. macs aren't hard at all! the keyboard short cuts take a bit of time getting used to but other than that, they're just regular ol' computers. what are you looking at doing?

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha apple-tini! i am no help with the mac, i have a dell or something, which i love but it was cheap and its pretty basic because thats all i need. hubby has a mac for work and i hate when i randomly have to use it. i just cant get it. no shame ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angie!! Oh that sucks that -that happened, but maybe after playing around with it some more it will get easier! Hope it gets better! Have a great day! :) XX

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I got a MacBook a year ago and I still feel like I don't know how to do 90% of the things on it.I feel I should have gone to the genius bar to learn all the tricks and tips of having a Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Practice makes perfect! Just open it up and browse the internet and type!! :) And keep finding great gifs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO i like how you crossed out perfect at the beginning. i see where Jessi gets her humor..

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahha I laughed so hard at your gifs! We need to work on getting Jesse to help you out with it. You'll get it soon enough and then you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh you'll figure it out! and if you can get an appointment with the bar they should be able to help you figure it out too OR just get that daughter of yours to help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not going to lie..I am intimated by the MacBook! My lap top is from 2010...and as it irritates me more and more...I find myself longing for a pretty apple to light up. But then I remember I am scared of it and back down. I am sure you will figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haaaaaate macs. That's what we had before our hp and it was pure torture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought Mark a Macbook....actually let me clarify....I bought myself a new retina screen macbook pro and graciously gave him my very gently used 1 year old 15 inch macbook pro. He hates it and still uses his ancient Dell one because he hates the track pad. Just takes some time playing around with it then you'll never want to go back I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my Macbook! Give it a chance, and once you get used to it, you'll be okay. PC's always gave me soo much trouble, this has been a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need a new laptop so bad but the whole process of transferring everything over is just too overwhelming for me.

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?