Tuesday, May 27, 2014

What's a Weekend?

Hey, I'm back!

I've been a little busy fighting City Hall for the entire City. It's been a "I saw you on TV" kind of week and it's not over. More later.

Although I've enjoyed reading about everyone's long weekend. I have to be honest that I don't know what a weekend is anymore.

So, What's a Weekend? It's these conceptual units of time. Time for all the things that cannot be fit into the other five days. I've been retired for six years and although I remember what a weekend is, it no longer applies.




So what day is today? Oh, that's right, It's Tuesday. That pretty much means you all have only four days to work. Yay, Yay, Yay!




What's it mean for me? Every day is the same. Ask Matt and Jessi how many times I g-chat a message something like, "Hi" or "I love you" or "You there?" while they're at work. Sorry Kids!


"EVEN"


Okay, weekends DO mean something to me. This last weekend was full of activities. Saturday I enjoyed the fruits of my labor when over 80 people showed up for a Neighborhood Flower Planting and Clean-Up I organize each year, Wow!




I also was able to spend some quality time with my Jessi Girl. Lots of heartfelt conversation, dreaming and realizing how the gap has closed between us as Mother and Daughter and that she can say, "Hey, can I talk to my friend about something?" Always, beautiful!


~ More beautiful on the inside ~


I'm so happy you all had such great weekends. Have a great week!

Image Map

9 comments:

  1. I don't know what a weekend is either. Do to I have pretty much some free time every day. Since I'm a housewife. That awesome you help with Neighborhood Flower Planting and Clean-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. you both are so beautiful!! i love how close you and Jessi are; something that i want my daughter and i to be when she's older (she's 5). i'm dreading the teen years though and if she's anything like i was, then i'm in DEEP trouble!


    and i love that you're retired already! i dream of that day but i have about 25 more years to go, booo!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow go you for organizing that flower planting + clean up, you wonder woman you! im jealous that your retired haha, just kidding. love how close you and Jessi are - so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you organized that flower planting and clean up! What a great thing to do :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i gchat jessi all day too. but it's probably less on the "i love you side" and more on the inappropriate cause i'm bored at work side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so awesome that you head the cleanup !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 Love that you're my mother and my friend :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the event you planned went so well and had such a great turn out! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! you and Jessi are the perfect duo. Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatchya Got?